Privacy & Cookies
This protection of consumer privacy is best achieved through cooperation between the business community, customers, service providers, government agencies, and information collectors. We at Avery believe every consumer should be able to conduct business with us without having their personal information used for unrelated purposes.
This document provides guidelines that Avery uses to ensure proper handling of all personal information.
Opt-Out, Access, Correction and Complaint Process.We believe you should have the right to decline disclosure/use of personal information that is collected on our databases for future mailings and phone calls of promotional/marketing nature. The records for those of you who request that their personal information not be used for future mailings or phone calls of this nature will be marked in our database so that their names will be excluded from any such contact in the future.
Currently, we mark your records in two ways:
Do not mail excludes your name from Avery direct marketing (including mail, telephone or email campaigns).
OK to mail includes your name on mailing list for Avery direct marketing, including mail, telephone or email campaigns, and occasional mails, telephone calls or emails by your specified stationery supplier.
Consumers within Australia can request removal of their name and other personal information from our direct marketing database by the following methods:
- writing to Avery Consumer Service Centre with the request: Avery Consumer Service Centre PO Box 396 Castle Hill NSW 1765;
- calling the Avery Consumer Service Centre, Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:00am-5:00pm (AEST/AEDST), on 1800 644 353 (toll free Australia); or
- sending an email to: email@example.com
- calling the Avery Consumer Service Centre, Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:00am-5:00pm (AEST/AEDST), on 0800 228 379 (toll free Australia); or
- sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with how we have handled your personal information or if you believe we have breached any applicable law (including the Australian Privacy Principles (AUS) or the Privacy Act 1993 (NZ)), please contact us using the above details. We take such matters seriously and you will be contacted within 14 working days with our response.
If you are unhappy with our response, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (AUS) / Privacy Commissioner (NZ).
Avery Consumer Information SourcesWe primarily collect your personal information through correspondence you engage in with us. Personal information is collected when you:
- Call the Avery Consumer Service Centre (CSC). When you call the CSC, we might ask for your name, address, phone number, and other consumer profile information that helps us better serve your needs in the future. Personal information is collected only if you have given us permission to do so. This information helps facilitate communication with you by allowing us to quickly and efficiently identify you.
- Respond to various marketing campaigns (i.e. advertisements, business reply cards, offers, competitions, etc.). Giving this personal information is completely voluntary, and in all cases, you are given a choice to have your name removed from direct marketing lists by checking the appropriate box on the questionnaire/form.
- Visit the Avery products web sites (i.e. averyproducts.com.au / avery.co.nz). You might be asked to respond to survey questionnaires, enter competitions or to register to receive future mailings and product updates. You might also be asked to provide personal information before downloading Avery brand software products.
- Place an order for a WePrint product. You will be asked to provide certain personal information that we will use so that we can fulfil your order including to allow us to process your order, prepare the products and deliver them to you.
We may also in some limited circumstances collect your personal information from third parties. Any third party that provides your information to us is required to have your consent to do so. In some instances, if you refuse to provide personal information requested, Avery may not be able to provide you with the services, products, information or activities requested.
Types of InformationThe personal information we collect allows us to better understand our consumers and their product and service preferences. Consumer profiles help us develop products and programmes, which meet our consumers' needs. The typical consumer profile information collected is: contact details, types of printers used, job title, Avery brand product usage, and stores or dealers used to purchase Avery products. More specifically, information collected about a you may include:
- contact information (such as name, fax numbers, telephone numbers, postal, and email addresses);
- navigational information (such as data revealing consumers' preferences or the choices they make among the range of products, services, or sites);
- other consumer profile information that helps us better target our products and services.
Personal information may also include using the consumer's name, telephone number, email and postal address for direct marketing purposes or other consumer communication methods, unless you have opted out.
On occasion, we may also disclose names and information collected to approved firms that conduct market research for Avery or to companies that do joint promotional activities with Avery or to companies we engage to perform certain services on our behalf (such as agents, suppliers, contractors, etc.), unless you have opted out.
We will not use any sensitive information about you (i.e. information about your health, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union or professional membership) without your consent.
At any time you may opt-out of receiving direct marketing communications from us and those consumers who have requested removal of their name and personal information from the direct marketing list will not be contacted with promotional/marketing material.
We may share your personal information with external service providers who perform services on our behalf. For example, we may hire other companies to handle the processing of payments, to provide data storage, to host websites, to fulfil orders and shipments, to assist in direct marketing, to conduct audits, etc. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to provide the service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose. We will take all reasonable steps to make sure they comply with the same privacy principles that govern our collection of your personal information.
Some of these service providers may be overseas such as in the UK, USA and Germany. While we will do our best to make sure that overseas service providers to whom we give your personal information will comply with the same privacy principles as us we cannot guarantee it. By giving us your personal information you consent to the disclosure of personal information to overseas service providers who may not comply.
We may also disclose personal information to regulatory authorities, where required by law.
Our Web servers collect the domain names of visitors to our sites. We also use third party services such as Google Analytics to collect information about visitors to our websites. This information is aggregated to determine number of visits, average time spent, pages viewed, etc. We use this information to measure site usage, as well as to improve the content and value of our site. Click here for more information about the way Google processes your information. If you wish to disable Google Analytics on your browser, please follow these steps.
Our web sites may contain links to web sites operated by third parties ("Third Party Web Sites"). Avery is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of third party web sites. Third party web sites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
Unless otherwise advised, Avery will not disclose personal information collected in Australia to any entities located overseas.